In January of 2011 I received an email from a dear friend encouraging me to take some of the things I love and combine them into an online magazine. I looked at different options, different ways of publishing, researched the securest ways to offer subscriptions. I made long lists of things I would like to share, content that would be interesting, ways to make it interactive. After lots of planning and creating I have my magazine, Unweaving the Nest Weekly.
Here are just some of the things that we will be included in the image-rich issues:
- A feature story about something that I love that I think you might love, too.
- An inspirational essay, kind of like the things I've written about here on my blog since 2007.
- "The Last Straw" last-page essay from New York State Press Association award-winning writer, columnist Rick Ohler.
- Guest artists, poets, writers, photographers, chefs, and just plain old great people....
- Simple recipes that I have created. Fast, fresh and made with things you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
- Candid interviews with interesting folks I'd like you to meet.
- Reviews of books I am reading that I believe are worth sharing.
- Short-stories & memoir.
- Downloadable versions of my photographs that you can print or use as screensavers.
- Links to fabulous Web sites that I have discovered.
- Links to playlists I have created...music to discover and listen to, free, from your computer.
- Inspirational quotes to print & save
- and more!
It's kind of like a big love letter filled with things that inspire me, make me think, and that I want to share with you.
It takes time to put these things together, to create a beautiful presentation of them, to gather and write. Instead of putting ads on my blog, or filling the magazine with sponsor ads, I have decided to have a subscription rate and keep it to a minimal dollar amount. It's $4.00 per month, the cost of a fancy cup of coffee, and you get it once a week, for as long as you are a subscriber. It's easy to subscribe by clicking the link in the upper left corner of this page, and paying securely through Amazon.com. You will be billed automatically for $4.00 per month until you choose to unsubscribe. There is a link at the bottom of every magazine to easily unsubscribe.
If you would like to refer some subscribers to me, please send me an email at kateri.ewing at gmail.com. I have a special thank you gift for anyone who refers three friends that subscribe.
Unweaving the Nest Weekly is about to celebrate its two-year anniversary, and is now onto the third volume of 52 issues. Here is a link to the one-year anniversary issue, where many readers sent in their comments about the first 52 weekly issues: CLICK HERE.
I sure hope you'll join us.